Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Hello Everyone!!!

Sorry for the lack of blogs, I'll explain.... I got back to CR from my trip to the states and was exhausted. On my last trip home in December I arrived in San Jose and went to Acosta to re-group before making the long trek to La Palma, this time I went for the straight shot and it was a very long day. I arrived in SJ at 5:00am and made my way to my bus stop and waited in a soda for a couple of hours for the bus to leave at 8:00 am. I was sooooo incredibly sad to see that bus drive arch nemesis was going to be the driver of the trip, my heart sank. There are a 4 bus drivers that always make the trip from La Palma to SJ and I have made the trip many many times so you can imagine that I know all of the drivers by now. There is one that I just can't stand, it has nothing to do with him on a personal level, I'm sure he's a great guy. It's just that with all of the other bus drivers the trip is 7-7.5 hours long and all are happy. With this guys your looking at 8.5-9 hours in the bus! It drives me crazy! Okay, so long story short after 9+ hours in the bus I arrived in La Palma totally exhausted after 20 hours on the road or in the air or waiting to get on the road or in the air. I was very pleasantly surprised by Deivin. He took the day off and cleaned and organized my house and had lunch/dinner all ready for me when I arrived. It was a really nice surprise and I was able to eat, shower and sleep by 7:00pm.
Almost as soon as I got back I had people calling me about english classes and Guias y Scouts. It turned out there was a Guias y Scouts training in a week in the nearest city (5 hours away) and they wanted me to go. I didn't want to go, but I knew it would be valuable so I went. Also, the Micro finance bank called me to see if I would go to another training right after the Guias y Scouts training for 4 days. It was really the last thing that I wanted to do, but so it happens in the life of a volunteer. So, all of that is to say that I'm just now back and still after 2 weeks here trying to get back into the swing of things. I have a ton of work to do with Guias y Scouts and 2 spay and neuter your pet clinics coming up in August plus I may be starting Junior Achievement in the high school which is a program that teaches basic business skills and how to open a business to high schoolers. I'm wondering how I'm going to make it all happen, but I'm sure it will work out. That's pretty much it for me, I'm hoping to not leave La Palma until the next Peace Corps activity in late September. I'm ready to be in one place for a while.

No comments: