Monday, November 29, 2010

Nothing much

I've been in San Jose for about five days and it was a really nice break. While Peace Corps volunteers don't put in a huge number of "working" hours per day (depending on who you are and where your community), we do work and feel stress all the time! I am constantly wondering if I'm doing enough, too much, should I be doing something different, etc. Also, there is a lot of stress involved in trying to work in another language and culture. Why am I saying all this? I just want to say that I really needed a break and it felt really nice to have a little mini vacation from La Palma. It's an odd feeling to really want to get out for a while, but, miss Deivin. Mostly, I wish he could travel with me! Today I went to the doctor to have my knees checked out, hopefully we get my knee pain in hand and it all goes away soon! On this trip I got to see the newest Harry Potter movie which was the best yet in my opinion and I also saw Life as We Know It, a romantic comedy. Both really good. Not much else going on, I'm ready to get back to La Palma and see how the Scouts faired this past weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! My husband and I have just been invited to Costa Rica, arriving the beginning of March. We are really excited, but still have some questions. We were wondering if you could answer some of the questions we have. Our latest blog entry is just a list of these questions. If you get the chance, we would really appreciate the insight of a current volunteer.

Thanks!!

(http://astronomerpc.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/questions-for-pcvs-in-costa-rica/)