Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I made it!!!

I wanted to post a quick update. I made it! After a really really really long day that began last night at 1:30am east coast time and did not end until around 1:00pm mountain time I am at a retreat with 52 other volunteers. We are training for the next few days and the schedule is pretty packed. Here is the summary:

Day 1 -

First earth quake or "tremor" not sure of the difference, but I know the room shook. (This is my first ever and it was weird)

The people are great, everyone is really nice and I'm excited to get to know them.

I miss John a lot.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So Glad you made it!!! Crazy about the "tremor".... do you remember those movies??? Tremmors? aahah anyhew, Can't wait to hear how your life unfolds out there. We miss you!!

SchuckFamily said...

Keep us posted! I have needed an excuse to go to CR for a long time and Molly and I are talking about a visit next year.

Anonymous said...

FRIEND! I am so blessed to hear you made it alright. You're in my prayers and do good for Gog girl...YOU'RE ROCKING IT! Love you-can't wait to hear your next update!

Koch said...

Any hot single girls for me?

Sharon said...

Hi, Laura,

So glad you made it safely. I am excited for all the adventures you will have, and looking forward to your updates. What a great way for you to keep in touch! We'll be praying for you, so be sure and occasionally post specific things that need prayer. Love you,
Sharon