Monday, March 16, 2009

PST

We have left our compound and have headed to our homes for the next 3 months. I´m living with a roommate named Gabriela and her daughter Ada. You may notice that I`m writing in very simple sentences and that`s because the Spanish has begun full on and now and to match my Spanish language level it seems my English abilities are also on their way down. I´m excited to not be able to write or speak either language well. My Spanish is coming back to me quickly, but I still have a long way to go.

My town is a beautiful pueblo in the mountains called Acosta and I really like it. All of the people have been soooo welcoming and my host sister has really made me feel right at home. So far we are just learning and getting settled in. I have 3 other volunteers with me in the town and I don´t doubt that by the end of our time we will be great friends.

3 comments:

SchuckFamily said...

Very exciting! Good luck on your Spanish. Maybe I will practice mine and give you a summary of The City Finale en espanol.

Mikeg said...

Best of luck Laura!

Ajka C said...

I am actually jealous...you're waking my travel genes...I am totally with you on the languages, every time I go to Slovakia I forget English, yet can't speak decent Slovak either. It gets the funniest when I am in Germany with my sister trying to speak 3 different languages...I am really glad to hear that people are welcoming, because that is the most important thing. Let me know when can we come visit :) I hear tickets are pretty cheap these days :))