Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm baaaack!

My flight left Colorado at 12:15am and let me tell you, sleep was not easy to come by. The seats were just really uncomfortable, nobody was loud or annoying, it was just simple uncomfortable. I arrived in San Jose at 6:20am and boy was I tired. While we were getting off the plane I saw that a fellow volunteer from my group happened to be on the plane with me and we were able to tag team the first bus from the air port to SJ center which was a big help since we both had a ton of ridiculous luggage. I brought back soooo much stuff and I was really regretting it at various time throughout my journey from the baggage claim to Acosta and I know I will further hate the trip from Acosta to La Palma, but, I will thank myself for it in about 3 weeks. I brought back some peanut butter, some dried fruit and nut mix from costco, some new shorts and a toaster. I know I'm going to be loving that toaster for the next year and a half. Anyway, luggage sucks.

I'm excited to be back and to get started again. I'm hoping that my new house will provide me with some much needed privacy and tranquility. I'm hoping Guias y Scouts is able to start up soon and I hope to be able to pick up my friendships that we forming where they left off. After 3 weeks of eating a ton of yummy holiday treats and gringo food, I'm also ready to get back on track with eating healthy and working out.

No comments: