Thursday, January 21, 2010

What a difference a trip home can make

I had no idea how much I needed to see my family and friends and how just spending three weeks with them would change every thing for me. When I arrived in La Palma and saw my host family and my friends here it was like I was seeing it all with renewed eyes. Before I left I was so sick and tired of everything here and was thinking that another year and a half was going to be torture. Now, I'm here and I'm so happy to be here and I'm so excited to see what the next year and half will bring. What a difference!

I'm officially moved into my new little house here are some pics “Cribs Style”

This is my little green house from the front. I love my little house!

Kitchen/living room area.

Room with a view and Platanos that are growing into my house. It's just easier that way...

My bed room. I just bought the mattress and it's been so nice to have a comfy bed!

Vaulted ceilings. This is very normal in Costa Rica. They finish the ceiling last, it's a lot cooler in the summer to have a ceiling, but if you can't afford it, you can live without it. I'll post more pics via flicker, posting through the blog is a pain!

Also, I don't know how it happened, but I hadn't been here for a full 24 hours and suddenly I had meetings to go to and a group that actually wanted to work with me. I've had a meeting every day since I've been here and spent all day Monday in Golfito (that is where all the governmental work is done) and the development association and I were able to get a ton of work done. Now it's looking like we are going to get the computers after all. I had given up on it, but now that I have some people to work with, I think it's going to happen.

Okay, so I'm going to start a new series in the blog called the Faces and Places of La Palma. I'll try introduce you all to the people in my life and the places so that everyone can have a better idea what life is like here. More to come on that. God is good and he change a situation over night, you just have to wait on Him. His timing now ours.

No comments: