Sunday, July 11, 2010

Being Home

I've been home for 11 days so far and let me just say, it's been great. Last week I made it up to Avon and was able to see and lot of great friends (not all sadly). Here are some things I've noticed about being home:

1. Hot showers are really nice, but they become really normal really fast.
2. I never noticed it before, but almost all of the houses in my neighborhood have really nice yards and flowers, I just never noticed this before.
3. Americans have a ton of stuff. I was on Craig's list the other day looking at the free section and was amazed at all the stuff on there. We just have soooo much stuff available that we have to give it away!
4. We eat a LOT of meat here, it's crazy.
5. I miss Deivin and Tigre a lot.
6. I'm sad to leave, but really happy to get back and finish out my service. I have some great projects and great people to work with so my attitude is, let's get to it and finish strong.

That was just a quick recap. Life it good and it's great to see lot's of great friends and hangout a ton with my family. Nephews are great!

1 comment:

Megan said...

I am indeed moving to Denver. . . in about, oh, a few days! When you're back we'll definitely have to get together!! Hope that you're enjoying your last little bit of your time at home right now before heading back to finish out your time in Costa Rica! I'm looking forward to hearing how your next 10
months pan out...