Friday, January 28, 2011

Planning the Scouts Camping Trip

Next weekend we will be taking the Guias y Scouts older kids on their first ever camping trip and we are all super excited. I think it's really important that we get going on the camping and get the kids a little more familiar with what the Scouts do. At this point we tell them things like they need to have a flag for each troop and each troop needs to have their own call, but I think it really is one of those things that you have to see first. Needless to say the kids are a little lost, so, hopefully camping with a more experienced group will help them to find their way. Also, we want them to start feeling like a team, a family and there is no better thing than a sleep over for that. I'm hoping lots of kids can make it. We were originally going to make it up to Los Patos the national park entrance, but had to change at the last minuet to the beach (not a shabby change). We'll still go up towards the park with just our kids, but it works out easier this way with the other group. This and filling my application for an extension of service and getting organized on the new playground for Guadalupe have kept me pretty busy.

On a personal note, Deivin and I celebrated our one year anniversary on the 25th, but he had to work all day and had his computer class until 9:00pm so there was not much of a big celebration, just a nice dinner at home and some ice cream sundaes. Next year we'll have to plan something a little bigger, but for now, ice cream and dinner were just fine. We haven't really heard anything on the visa for a while which is fine. We won't hear anything for a while assuming everything is going well, no news is good news for a while anyway.

I have a request from a while ago to write about Mandy and Danny's trip. We did so much that I'm going post a different blog. It feels like so much happened that it's hard to capture it all, I'll post that soon and highlight some of our best adventures...

Also, you will notice that my English is horrible now. My brain is working mostly in Spanish these days so while I'm writing in English sometimes I'm using Spanish grammar. I'm sure it will go back to normal when I get back to the States... Anyone wishing to learn another language and have some fun adventures, consider the Peace Corps, you can't help but learn the language and there is no escaping lots and lots of adventure.

No comments: