Wednesday, May 18, 2011

2 more months to go!

For the past couple of months there have been no real changes made to any of my projects. I took the scouts on an outing to Jimenez to participate in the international day of the forest and they had lots of fun. I'm still meeting with my english class and am currently planning yet another clinic. I'm still waiting on the money to build the playground so hopefully that will happen soon. No big changes.

I do have big changes that happened with the Visa! Deivin and I were approved from the USCIS a few weeks ago and we were then quickly approved by the State Department (it's where they do a background check on me) and the papers were forwarded to the U.S. Embassy in Costa Rica where I was able to pick them up last week while I was in San Jose for Peace Corps stuff. It's all really come together. Now all we need to do it take care of the medical visits, blood test, x-rays for Deivin, call the embassy and schedule an interview. We are just a few weeks away from having the actual visa in hand! Super exciting! We are heading to San Jose tomorrow and after that it usually takes about a week to get an interview and then usually it's the next day that you get the visa. It's all really worked out perfectly! Now we have plenty of time to prepare to leave while we have the visa. We will be able to buy airline tickets, Deivin and give notice to his work. It's all worked out so much better than I could have hoped for. Thank God for that!

I'm pretty much in a holding pattern for the next 2 months. I'm sooooooo extremely ready to get back to the states and see my family and friends and find a job and all that good stuff. I have the next 2 months to enjoy my friends and family here and to say goodbye. It will be hard, but I can't wait to see what's next, marry Deivin and start our life together! Life is good!

No comments: