Monday, April 25, 2011

Here is a rant:

To give some background to this rant... Last week was holy week here in Costa Rica and everyone heads to the beach to be with family and it's a MAJOR holiday here. During this time all the people and things that make my house incredibly loud were visiting their family or they didn't have to get up in the morning and go to work or whatever the reason you can not imagine how peaceful it was last week. Which brings us to today. What a horrible nights sleep that was topped off with a ridiculous symphony of noise starting at 5:30am and ended with me giving up on sleeping at 6:15am. First, one of the dogs here Canela was poisoned 2 days ago. It was really sad, I came across here and we were able to give her some milk and sugar (I was told that was the cure) and she lived! We thought all was good and she was fine yesterday, but all night, I'm saying allllllllll night she was coughing really loud and dry heaving right outside my window. Then, at about 5:30am Oscar the taxi driver is out and messing around with his truck and the alarm on the truck which he manages to turn on and off a bunch of times. Thanks. Then comes Janet and Jose, they live in the cabinas that are connected to my house. Last night they got back from their holy week adventures and brought their little girl with them who for some reason unknown to me was really pissed off this morning and crying a lot. Then comes the final blow, Jose goes out to warm up their car to take Janet to work and leaves it running blaring ranchero music for no one in particular. Not cool or needed and as I write this very blog, it is still not 7:00am, my host dad has deemed it necessary to burn leaves outside of my window. Awesome. I live in a house that has a bunch on windows with no glass, just screen and bars, also, my roof is not fully connected to the walls so pretty much whatever is going on outside is also going on inside. Also, the wall that I share with my neighbors is not exactly sound proof, if they turn on their light it ligths up my room too. Not sound proof at all. Well, that's my rant. It's usually not so bad and I think I just got used to a week of quite and will need to get back to blocking out the noise. I have 3 more months in Costa Rica and then I will back to the peace of my parents house. I can't believe how well I slept when I went home for my visits, it is just so quite and in the winter when there is snow and of the windows are closed, you can't hear anything. Well, I think I can handle just 3 more months of noise, tonight I'll be using some earplugs.

My plan for today is a beach clean up at 9:00am with the banera azul committee and english classes in the evening. Should be a good day.

No comments: