Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A quick update on Laura...

Last night I left the hospital around 9pm and headed to my hotel. It was nice to have the IVs out of my arms, but extremely overwhelming to try and keep track of all the medicines and times and eye drops and gels and washes, etc. At least I'm done with one of the medications tomorrow. I have some follow ups with the doctors on Thursday and Friday and then I'm going to try and figure out something else to do, the hotel thing is not the best solution for me at this point. Today I was able to see a fellow Tico 19er Leah and she arrived at the perfect time. It was so great to spend a couple of hours with a friend and to feel somewhat normal for a while. Tomorrow I will meet up with a former roommate from my Beaver Creek days and spend some time with her, that should be exciting. All in all, I'm just trying to get a grasp on what just happened and how I feel about it, I'm definitely missing my family and friends in Colorado a ton and am going to need some serious time to feel normal again. I think this is the longest period of time that I've been sick and it's definitely my first time in a hospital as anything other than a visitor. I think I like the visitor role better. Ok, well, more updates to come, I hope that come Saturday I am no longer in the hotel, where I will be I'm not sure, but I think somewhere other than the hotel would be best.

1 comment:

Robbie and Margot said...

Hey there Laura, I was just reading your updates and just wanted to let you know that there are people here in the states thinking about you and sending good thoughts so you can get better soon.

your old teammate
Margot