Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Tomorrow I'm heading back to my site

Tomorrow I'll be heading back to my site and I could not be happier about it. I have learned a lot in the past 2 weeks, here are some of the things I have learned:

1. Never ever ever take for granted you health. Thank God for it every day that you have it, because it can go away and when it does life gets a whole lot more difficult.
2. TV from the US is so great, it may sound sad, but it was a huge comfort, and I loved having it. I think it might be the best in the world, just a thought.
3. wifi is the greatest invention ever. I was able to talk to my family and friends for free, all thanks to wifi and the skype. What a life saver that was.
4. It's okay to cry and cry a lot, but eventually you need to find a way to laugh.
5. Your family is more important than you could ever imagine.
6. Sometimes you just need to be happy that you have an eye and not worry too much that it does not open as much as the other one does yet.
7. Sometimes life throws things at us that forces us to do something that you would never do otherwise. In my case, it's taking medicine, I never used to take it and hated the idea of it, I had to get over that and take my medicine.
8. It's okay to just let people take care of you.
9. I have a wonderful family in Acosta.
10. Never ever judge someone unless you have walked in their shoes (I learned that before, but this reinforced it).
11. Sometimes you just can't explain why something happened, just accept it and learn as much as you can from it.

Okay, that is some of what I've learned. I'm sure I'll think of some more stuff as time goes by. I'm excited to start my service and to get back into shape. I'm excited to see what other obstacles my Peace Corps experience will throw my way!

1 comment:

Koch said...

what about indoor plumbing... nothing?