Friday, April 15, 2011

nada especial

Last week ended up being a really busy week with Guias y Scouts meetings, and environmental group meeting and my english classes. At this point I really only have about 3-4 students, but let me just say, I love it! We all know each other so well now and they can speak so well that when we have class it's like friends sitting down to chat. I still teach a little from the book, but I really try and focus on them talking as much as possible and the fact that there are only 3 of them most of the time (sometimes 2) means they get a lot of that. I can't believe how much they know. I think the Matt/Laura combo really worked (he was the volunteer there before me). They had 2 years with Matt and now 2 years with me and I can really see a difference.

For the scouts we are taking them to Jimenez on April 30th to participate in the Day of the Forest celebration. Today they are making a work of art (a painting) in which each scout will paint something that makes them think of the forest and then they will take it to Jimenez and present it. Hopefully it goes well.

Currently I'm in San Jose just finishing up with the last left overs of shingles stuff and tomorrow will be attending AVC, all volunteer conference. It's pretty much a party for volunteers to get together and hang out. Should be fun and it's always a nice break to have some cable tv and a hot shower. Soon enough my regular life will be filled with both of those things! Weird to think that soon enough I'll have comfortable couches and chairs to sit on and mirrors and good lighting and a big comfortable bed and hot water all the time and a tv that works and most importantly, an oven! I really can't wait to have and oven and a grill, it will be great. I know little tigre is really going to miss hunting all of the lizards that are everywhere and the frogs, but she'll still have birds and rats to eat so hopefully the little dear won't be too sad when we get to Colorado.

On the visa front, one of my peace corps friends just got his visa approved! He was about a month ahead of me so hopefully we will move just as fast as he did. There is just no real way to know.

P.S.

Today was the most productive day I've had in the past 2 years. I was all over town and got tons of stuff done all in time to watch Days Of Our Lives by 11:00am. Not bad!

No comments: