Monday, April 11, 2011

Rain, Rain, you can STAY!!!!

My parents just came for a visit for the past 2 weeks and we had a really good trip. For the first time I headed over to Drake Bay and it was beautiful. What a cool place! We arrived from La Palma in bus which only took about an hour and a half super easy and direct. Our first day we took a tour out to the caƱo island where we snorkeled along the way. Super cool. It's actually the second time I've done the tour, but the first time for my parents. We saw tons and tons of cool fish. The next day we went hiking along the beach for most of the day and got caught in the total down pour on the way back. I knew it was a risk when I saw how late we were hiking out and knowing how long it would take us to get back, but what's going to the rainforest without any rain? This was not my first hiking/walking experience in really hard rain, but it was for my parents. It's warm rain so basically you're just totally soaked but not cold. I don't think my mom was such a fan of that part of the hike... I'm happy to report though that none of us were burned by acid rain and we are all still in perfect health (ticos try to get rained on as little as possible saying that it will make you sick or that it could have acid in it). We made our way our of Drake via boat to Sierpe and then in taxi to Palmar where I got a bus going South and my parents headed up North to San Jose where they flew out today early in the morning. All and all a really good trip and they got to spend some more time with Deivin so that they will all know each other well before we temporarily move in with them! Yay living with your parents in the basement ;).

I just have to say that I'm soooo happy the rainy season is back! I love the rain here and it is just so much cooler and I can go running at 10am or workout in my house and it's not an oven. It's my favorite season by far, the dry season is waaaay overrated.

Time is going by quickly and at the same time really slow. We are still waiting on the visa and will be for a lot longer. All in it's time...

No comments: