Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Smell Test

Every now and then, throughout the course of a day, week, month or year, one may find themselves in a situation where they require a smell test. It could be that you didn’t shower that morning, it was exceptionally hot, you were stressing out and therefore had some underarm sweat issues or maybe you just forgot deodorant. Today and I was walking into my office after a brief visit to my car, without much though I gave myself a little check. This is not a discreet process, I’m talking arm up, nose in arm pit. Hey, it has to happen and I’m sure I’m neither the first nor the last to perform such a task. Actually, it’s out of love for those around me that I would do such a thing. If I smell, I need to know it because I know you sure as heck know it. Anyway, today, I got away with my smell test. It was out there for the world to see and no one saw. I’ve been caught before, I think it was Mandy who once asked me “did you just smell your arm pit” I replied “yes” and she then she said “just checking”. This has no point, but it’s at least funny… To me… By the way, I passed my test. I was afraid that I had forgotten deodorant today, but I don’t think that I did and I didn’t shower this morning, either way, I don’t smell bad so all is good. Now, I guess the greater question is; what would I have done had I failed the test? I’m not really sure, I know I’ve failed the test in the past, I think I just decided to shower the next chance I got…

1 comment:

Rachel said...

hahaha...the smell test is the story of my life..