Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trust

Right now my mantra in life is: Trust God. There is so much that is out of my control, trusting in God is really my only option. For the past 3 months I’ve been on an “any day now” basis with the Peace Corps. I’m still waiting, but it’s not as bad as it sounds. I’m not worried or scared. God has not once failed me, not once. I know that I can trust God, because He has been there in both the big and the small, He has blessed me beyond measure and He has answered my prayers in big ways more than a few times. I’m holding on to God and trusting that it will all work out just as it was supposed to. All that being said, I would love to receive my Peace Corps invitation sooner rather than later, but all in good time. I’m sure there is a great reason for the delay and I’m sure in the end I’ll be happy that I was able to be here as long as I have been. Here is a list of positive things that have come/will come from this delay:

· I will get lots of skiing/snowboarding in before I leave.
· I will get to spend more time with new friends.
· I will be able to save up a little more money so I’m not totally broke when I get back.
· I will have more time with my family.
· I will get to make a trip up to Montana to visit some dear friends that I have missed so much.
· I will get to babysit my darling little nephew more.
· I will have more time to work with my new boss, whom I really like and respect.
· I will be able to do another Beth Moore bible study (they are really great!).

Well, that’s the short list. It never hurts to look at the sunny side…

No comments: