Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Weightlifting for the Soul

Today I looked at the clock and had a very pleasant surprise. It was 4:30pm. I love it when the day goes by and I don’t feel each minuet tick by. Lately I’ve had a lot more to do, which while bad for blogging is really good for my sanity. I’m really enjoying the recent changes at work and really enjoy working with my new boss. I’m feeling really blessed right about now. I think it’s important to take a few steps back every now and then to evaluate just how much God had done. In my case that would be a lot. I feel like I could sit here and gush for the next hour on how great God is and how awesomely he has blessed me. I think that’s probably the case for most people, but recognizing the blessing can sometimes be a missed step. I went through some stuff to land me where I am today, at the time I was not at all happy with what was going on. But now, I can see that it was all for a purpose and I’d do it all over again. If you knew me in February, you would not have heard me say that. But I would, I’d do it all again. Hard times are just weightlifting for the soul.

No comments: