Monday, May 18, 2009

La Palma

On Friday I arrived at my new home for a get to know you type of visit. I will be living with a family in a "cabina" format, but it`s pretty much like I live in the house, once I get to my computer I`ll be able to explain a little bit better, but it`s cool because I have my own entrance and bathroom that makes me feel a little more independent. I really like the family and I will also be living with another volunteer for the first 2 months of my service. I`m taking over the site from a guy named Mateo so he will be my little brother for the first 2 months. It`s kind of cool that he is there for the start of my service since that will help me to get to know the community and help me get started a little quicker with my work in the community. Osa is beautiful, you can`t imagine a place more beautiful. The other morning I ran to the gulf and it was the perfect distance. The golf is so blue and is surrounded by lush green (pics to come). It is a bit hot, but I`ll have the impending rainy season to help me stay cool. In really great news, John is coming on June 3rd to visit. We will be heading to the CR vs. USA world cup qualifier, I`m really excited as you can imagine and he will get to know La Palma and my family down here and La Palma. I can`t wait. I`ll have more to write once I get back to Acosta and have a chance to take in all that has been happening...

In Trinkle news, my brother and his wife are going to have another baby due at the end of November, I can`t wait!!!! I`m already planning a trip home for a few weeks around Christmas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I love reading about your life! Keep it coming! How can I be praying for you, my old friend? Johanna