Saturday, May 23, 2009

Training is coming to an end

We are getting down to the end of training and we are all burned out. I am ready to go to my site and relax and take a moment to breathe. I'm excited to get to know my community, move into my room and make it feel like a home. The first few weeks are going to be spent settling in and learning more about the town (possibly the first few months). I'm excited to see what I can do and what the town wants since that is the key, finding where the towns needs/wants meet my abilities and interests. It's an exciting time, but also a time for me to recharge my batteries since training has left me pretty drained.

In other news... Last night two of my friends found a little puppy in the gutter and adopted him. His name will be pulga, which means flea in Spanish. Super cute and I'm typing with him on my lap right now.

No comments: