Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ants 1 - Laura 0

The ants took one look at my poison on the wall and walked around it. They walked up to it, smelled it and thought, wow, better walk around that and did. Not cool, I'm going to try my dad's suggestion of carbonic acid mixed with peanut butter or honey. I'll keep you updated.

I'm currently up in Escazu with some of my Peace Corps friends and it has been great. We rented a house (and it's a really really nice house) and have been cooking American food and watching tv in English and having wifi! I love it. I've missed my friends and I think to maintain sanity we are going to need to do throughout our time in CR.

English classes are going in one case really well and in the other it's improving. I'm starting to really enjoy the classes, which is good.

Soccer is going great. The girls are really fun and seem to really appreciate having a female coach. I've been working with them on really basic skills and some really really basic drills. It's been really fun and I'm really happy to be there.

The Emu project has been going great. We have made some progress with the business plan and through this project I have met a lot of new people and seen some new areas on the peninsula.

Life is good, my health has improved 100% since the start of August, I can't tell you how good it feels to feel normal again. 2 months of sickness are enough for me. Hopefully I've satisfied my quota for my Peace Corps service.

No comments: