Monday, August 24, 2009

Laura 1 – Ants 1

I tried the boric Acid (I had written carbonic acid, but it's boric) and the ants ate it right up. I mixed the boric acid powder with sugar and the ants were all over it, hopefully now they will all die, otherwise I just gave them some desert. In other bug updates, when I first arrived here the mosquitos, zancudos and pretty much everything else were driving me crazy, I was always covered in bites and itching all the time. I'm not sure what happened, maybe it's because of the food I've been eating, but the bugs are leaving me alone now. It's crazy, it's like they had their fill. I'm really happy about this, I thought I was going to go crazy with so much itching.

As far as projects go, the emu project is coming to a close, the business plan is pretty much done and now it's time for the guy to decide if he wants to do it or not. I'm still working with the vivero but I think we are some months away from any sort of progress in the marketing field. My two english classes will have their first test with me on Tuesday so hopefully they do well. I spoke with someone yesterday about getting some ladies together for and exercise group, hopefully we can get that going when I get back from training which is the first week of September.

I can't believe that it's already in service training time. I've been in Costa Rica for 3 months and now my site for 3 months. This has been a weird 6 months.

1 comment:

Johanna said...

Interestingly enough, I read an article about how mosquitos are attracted to a diet that is heavy in sugar. When I started reading labels here sugar and high fructose corn syrup is in everything! I wonder since your diet is probably drastically different, and much less sweets, if they don't even know you exist! It's like you're incognito!