Friday, August 7, 2009

God is pretty awesome!

Things in La Plama are really picking up. In the past 2 weeks God has really been to blessing me and helping me out of my funk. I think I wrote about a guy that stopped by the house who wanted some help with writing a business plan for and emu farm. Well, last weekend I went to his farm for lunch and to see the emus and his farm and it is beautiful! But, as it turns out the guy and his family just love the Lord and we ended up talking about how great God is for the entire day, we hardly had 20 min to talk about the business plan and I was there for probably 6 hours. It was such a blessing for me, I've just been so sick for so long that I was really feeling discouraged and beginning to think that it was going to be a really long 2 years, but since that time things have really turned around for me. We all prayed together that day and since then, great things have been happening and I have been meeting really great people who love God! God is good, even when we have to go through really hard times, God is good!

Here are my current projects:

Tue/Thur nights I have 2 English classes
Mon/Wed/Fri nights I'm helping out with the high school girls soccer team
I'm still working with the vivero ladies, though we need to come up with a better schedule for working together
The emu farm business plan
The micro finance group
*and possibly I might start working with another guy on some Christian tourism projects. I'm excited to explore the possibilities of this. The idea would be that people could come down as a church group or group of friends, hike the park, explore the south a bit and have a speaker, do some work to help out the local churches, etc. Let's see where it goes.

Life is good!
Laura

2 comments:

Johanna said...

That's amazing! I love it! God knew just how to encourage you! Did you ever get the package? Just wondering how long it takes to get there!

Jenny Schlenker said...

God is amazing and he is all we need! love you laura and praying for you!