Saturday, October 31, 2009

Funny thing happened to me the other day...

Okay, here is a really funny story. As you consider what I'm about to write, also, please consider that this type of thing happens to me all the time. And so I begin...
On Thursday I went walking at 6:00am with my ladies (these are some friends and my host mom and we go for an hour walk on Tuesdays and Thursdays). So, we are walking and one of the ladies asks me “Laura, are you going to run in the race? I bet you're going to win”. I respond, “oh, wow, that's today? I don't know, maybe, I haven't eaten or drank anything today, so I don't think so. Also, I haven't been running in weeks, but I guess I'll see if there's time for me to eat and maybe”. Okay, so we walk on and I find out that the race starts at 8:00am and it's only 7:00am so there is time. So I go to this race, where there are including me 8 participants. There were 2 woman and 6 men. I'm thinking, okay, I'll run, why not. So we begin the race and me and the other lady start to run together, I was pretty happy with it, we ran the whole race together. So, towards the end of the race the last Kilometer I'm thinking, well, in the past usually I take off and bust it out in the end for the win, but, I don't think that would be really cool to do since I know that lady that I'm running with really well and we've been together the whole time and I think it would be really cool for us to finish together. So I think this whole thing out for the last lap of the race and I finally decide, I'm not going to sprint the finish, I'm going to be cool and finish with my friend (I really did debate about this for like 3 min in my head, I'm super competitive, but that's not always good). Okay, so when we are about 75 feet from the finish line, I'm thinking oh, how great, we made it and just as I'm about to say something to my friend, she takes off at a full sprint. Typical. At first I started to run after her, but then I thought, “no vale la pena” or, it's not worth it and I just let her go. Wow, is all I could think. Typical, enough said.

No comments: