Wednesday, November 4, 2009

English Classes

Perhaps there was a time in my life when I entertained the idea of being a teacher. I thought it would be fun and maybe when one has the proper training, it is. However, I don't have the proper training and I think I just may be the worst English teacher ever. I have no idea what I'm doing. Imagine if someone gave you two training sessions to be an accountant and then told you to go and do it, probably you wouldn't be very good at it. People go to school to get a degree in accounting, go figure, people also go to school for 4 years to learn how to be a teacher. I'm a horrible teacher, I almost feel sorry for my students, at least it's free for them. Oh well, maybe by the time I leave I won't will have learned how to be only a sort of bad teacher, rather than a super bad one.
In other more cheery news, I'm looking forward to a Peace Corps get together when all of the volunteers in Costa Rica are going to go camping together and spend 4 days re-grouping. I'm pretty excited about it. After training I'm going to go to Acosta to visit my host family and the host families of my compaƱeros of Acosta. I really loved my host family and I think it will be a great time to reconnect with them and have a little break from La Palma.

No comments: