Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Cause for some Laughter

Before I begin my funny story I need to breakdown my current funny/laughter situation and my past funny/laughter situation. In the past (pre-Peace Corps) I laughed all the time, I mean all of the time. Especially when I'm with Mandy, Jess and my Montana crew. It was probably really annoying, when Mandy and I are together we can seriously laugh all day, there are a minimum of 3 laughing attacks per day. It was a lot of fun. Also, in Avon, my friends and I laughed all the time. We joked around and we did funny things. It was a lot of fun. Okay, so that was my past funny/laughter situation. Currently, I maybe laugh once a day. Jokes are so culturally based and based of on history and a million things, so I don't get the Tico humor. I try, and sometimes I can pick up on most of it, but usually since it's Spanish I'm still super literal. I'll ask what they meant and that just makes them laugh harder, and then they explain it to me and I usually say “oh”. Trust me, it just doesn't work. To remedy the situation I have 3 seasons of Arrested Development a super funny series and I make sure to watch at least one show per night so I can laugh. Okay, so here's the funny...
Today I was looking at some magazines on a shelf in the corridor that leads to my room. The shelves are really high, and go probably 6 inches over my head. So, I'm sorting through old News Weeks and Cosmos from 2002-2004 and contemplating reading them when out of the corner of my eye I see something move on the self over my head. Just as this happens my friend Carla was walking past me in the hallway. The thing I saw move was a giant green iguana and it scared the crap out of me. I screamed, scaring the poor lizard and causing it to jump, consequently, Carla just happened to be right in the path of the lizard and it almost lands on her, causing her to scream. The iguana hits the ground and takes off at a sprint for the garden and Carla and I were left just cracking up. It was really fun. That's the hardest I've laughed in a really long time. While I'm such a fan of flying iguanas, I do love a good laugh.

No comments: