Thursday, June 26, 2008

They all wants my bloods

In the process of applying for the Peace Corps you really have to jump through a lot of hoops. For the past few months I've been jumping through medical check hoops. You have to take a form to the doctor and have every blood test that you can imagine run, then you have to get lots and lots of shots. I did find out some valuable information through all of this though, it turns out somehow and I have no idea how, but somehow I failed to have my final MMR vaccine. You are supposed to have one before you're allowed to go to college, it's the law. I have no idea how I slipped through the cracks, but either way, I've got it now.

So onto my actual topic, they wants more bloods. So initially my doctor ran the wrong blood test for me, I guess you can run a surface test or an internal test of the blood, she ran the surface when she needed to run the internal. So, I get called back in for another test and to have more blood drawn. A week goes by and I get a call, well, the test results are puzzling and they conflict with the past test so they are going to need more bloods. So, I go in yet again, this is time number 3 and give more blood and then they will let me know in a week if I have some freakish disease. Awesome. I'm sure I don't have anything and that's what the doctor said too, she just wants to see how or why I have a special immunity to things. I don't really know, I don't speak medical. They should provide people like me with a translator. I mean really, I spoke to the doctor for like 20 min. and in the end I'm not even sure what she said, something about antibody's and antigens and proteins and being immune to things... So that's all I've got for today. If by some crazy twist of fate I couldn't join the Peace Corps, wow, I don't know what I'd do, I don't really have a contingency plan. Nothing too fun, they all just wants my bloods.

1 comment:

SchuckFamily said...

I don't speak medical either but special immunity sounds really good to me :)