Monday, July 21, 2008

Dressing like a 12 year old

Today I managed to dress myself like a 12 year old. I rode my bike today and forgot to pack a different pair of shoes so that threw the whole thing off. Maybe you’re wondering, how could shoes somehow turn the outfit into that of a 12 year old? Well, the outfit is already kind of on the borderline anyway and then you throw in a pair of old running shoes and it goes over the edge. Every time I wear this outfit and wash it I think to myself “Laura, you should get rid of this. If Stacie and Clinton from What Not To Wear saw you they would totally bust you”. But in the end, for whatever reason, I don’t throw it away and in a moment of weakness after a sucky night of sleep I put it on. Again. Well I’m not even going to say that I’m going to get rid of it, I’m just going to try and restrict it to weekend around the house wear. Maybe dressing like a grown up will help me to become one…

So, here I am today. Another Monday that is following yet another Sunday of really bad sleep. I’m not sure what’s wrong with me, but I’m just not sleeping very well on Sunday nights. I’m going to try and not try to sleep next Sunday. Maybe that will help. Or the fact that I will have just played in a soccer tournament and will likely hurt a lot by Sunday night could help too…

Anyway, keep it classy Avon, Colorado!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I have a great image in my head of what you must have looked like, I love it! I also love that you have a blog too! I'm excited to keep up to date on all the adventures going on/coming up in your life this way. Speaking of adventures, did you hear that Dana just got engaged this weekend? It's crazy to think that almost 3 years later we're all at where we are now, and where we're going next. Gotta love life. Miss you Laura!

SchuckFamily said...

Maybe if you stop working on Mondays you will sleep on Sundays!