Wednesday, July 16, 2008

PC Application

Good News on the Peace Corps application process, the blood test conundrum has been resolved and the hold has been lifted from my application, I’m moving again!!!! The next step from here will be an official offer letter that should have a country and a date! Those of you who have talked to me in the last few months know that I was ready to leave 6 months ago, so the sooner the better.

I recently took on a second job doing banquet serving for 4 Eagle Ranch in Wolcott, I’m loving it so much up there since during my entire shift I get to speak Spanish with my fellow workers. This job has really helped me realize how much I missed speaking Spanish and how much fulfillment it brings. Now who would have thought? Well, I should have, what’s wrong with me? There was a reason I lived in Spain for a year and there was a reason I got a degree in Spanish, duh to me! But I’d rather figure all of this out now rather than 8 years from now. Life’s path is pretty curvy and you just may encounter a traffic circle or two...

No comments: