Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Golfing when you don’t know how

Yesterday I went golfing for the first time in probably 7 years and before that I’d only ever golfed a few times. I guess you could say I’m not really a golfer. But all that being said I had a really fun time. I was in a group of 4, me and 3 guys that I work with and it was so much fun. They didn’t seem to mind that I was horrible and they didn’t count my “swing and a miss” against me on my score. I would totally golf again, except I have no clubs. I don’t plan to up take golf as my next hobby, I’ll stick with soccer and racquetball until I can’t play those anymore.

While I’m thinking about soccer… Last summer, soccer in the valley was so much fun. I loved it, we played 3 times per week and it was good quality soccer. We were putting together good combinations, making solid passes, playing smart defense, etc. This summer, soccer is just not working out. Nobody wants to commit to playing and when we do show up we aren’t working hard and making the runs. Hopefully we’ll pull out of this slump soon and start playing some good soccer again, I know I need it. Aside from soccer not going so well, my summer has begun to turn around… More to come on fun in the Valley.

No comments: